The Constant Comfort Fort McMurray Food Festival raised $28,000 for Waypoints.
The first of its kind, the festival held different events over July 27-29 with the proceeds going to Waypoints.
“At Waypoints, we are so grateful to have such great champions on our side,” says Michele Taylor, executive director of Waypoints.
A few local establishments were recognized for their dishes.
Best Pub Food Club
- Earls – winner for Best Drink & Food
- Wood Buffalo Brewing Company – winner for Best Atmosphere
A Taste of Fort McMurray
- The Keg – winner for Best Sweet
- Mitchell’s Café – winner for Best Savory
- Townhall Public House – winner for Best Pub Food
- Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo – winner for Best Overall
- Wood Buffalo Brewing Company – winner for People’s Choice
The event organizers are already looking toward 2018.