Group Admins

• Profile picture of DROCK979

Around Town

Public Group active 1 month, 3 weeks ago ago

What is happening around our region No Business posts or they will be deleted.

Atmosphere restaurant

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Tasha Newfie87 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Newfie87

Has anyone been there yet?? The prices for food and food any good??

redracer

Where is this place?

Newfie87

It’s next to Hair Court across from miss’ B’s

funnewfie

Well I have only been there once and was not too pleased, I didn’t like the lunch menu, I ordered a chicken caeser salad (not on menu) $21 and a pop $3.50 wowsers. Taste wise it was okay but not worth $21
    This is only my opinion

I did like the appearance of the restaurant thou

TAS

We went for dinner. Dinners are $30-40 and include an appetizer and dessert. It was really, really good. We are planning to go back this weekend. I had a pasta dish and my husband had steak, both were excellent.

banana

i have been there few times
    they just had their full menu last week,before they were just trying things slowely
    its a bit pricey but totally worth every dollar
    the food was really good ,and they service was very good as well

from one of my features with the Fort McMurray CONNECT

Last time I saw a facelift this impressive it was on Phyllis Diller or Joan Rivers.
    Say arrivederci to Tio Mario Pizza &Steak House and ciao to Atmosfere.
    Walking into its Biggs Avenue location last Friday my mouth dropped agape…slack jawed.
    Wow! Double take. Wow!
    Greeted by a smartly dressed gentlemen named George Vechimol, I quickly inquired, “Uhhhh…is it OK that I wear dress shorts here?,” in regards to my attire that evening.
    “Of course it is. Come this way.”
    Right away you know you are in a classy restaurant. We are talking classy with a capital C here folks unlike some other restaurants that are Classy with a Capital K that only try or pretend to provide a fine dining experience.
    Opened only a week or so, Atmosfere still has a few kinks to work out in regards to finalizing the menu and such but talk about a visual experience. Right from the hanging lights shaped like diamonds to the rustic ceiling trim.
    In the physical setup there are three basic sitting areas each with their own sort of theme.
    At the front there is a large open room, kind of like a sun room, to which co-owner Ian Dirom describes as “our Paris room as it has a large mural of the Eiffel Tower.”
    The main open area with wooden chairs, is accentuated by a large bar area which reminds one of Cheers a wee bit with its rustic but modern setting, including cupboard with multi-coloured lights that add a certain touch of big city eloquence. This main area also boasts five large flat screen televisions on the wall that have rotating photographs of various themes be it the Scottish countryside, flowers or the cannels of Venice. Appetite for the eye.
    “With these (rotating photographs) we can created a slightly different ambience and atmosphere,” said Dirom.
    The back room is really what vaults Atmopfere to the next level with its red vinyl booths and subtle lighting for the romantic type.
    Along with business partner Osama Beniameen, Dirom says the menu will include “Italian with other European influences. We want people to come in and leave impressed and excited with the fine dining and service and social environment we will create. We will keep the concept fresh and exciting.”
    Chef Marco did his magic this evening as our dinner- Table d’hôte with appetizers and desert – was New York steak and a Chicken A L’orange.
    The entire experience was worth the dip into the wallet.
    What Atmosfere may suffer in Location, Location, Location – 104-9925 Biggs Ave – it makes up for in Class, Class and Class.
    For more info give them a dial at 780- 750-5767…tell them the stunned looking guy who came in last week in dress shorts sent you.

Anonymous

We went there last night. They have both the full menu, or you can choose one of the ones that comes with appetizer and dessert, but we just ordered from the menu. My wife got steak, I got veal parmigiana with pasta. Both were good. Like one of the posters above said, $30-40. Our order took a while and we overheard them say they had to redo something that was messed up. It was a nice change if you don’t mind paying a bit more. One funny thing was their music, they must only have a few songs and have a bad shuffle, because we heard 2 songs twice while we were there. :)

Newfie87

Thanks for the reviews ppl! We did end up going there. I had the fettucini buogustaio? Im not sure how to spell that one! Was food minus the ham( little salty).. Boyfriend had the chicken parmesan. Service was good. Ackward that we were the only customers in there… The location for sure isn’t helping them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.