Highway 63 North Construction Info
May 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm in Community by Kellie McIver
Please share the upcoming construction project information with anyone who will be travelling Highway 63.
1. Suncor to conduct overhead power line construction just north of the Voyageur overpass across Highway 63
- From June 7 – 10, 2013 Suncor will conduct overhead power line construction just north of the Voyageur overpass across Highway 63.
- The safety of every worker and community member is Suncor’s priority.
- Suncor is aware of Highway 63 congestion and is proactively working with Alberta Transportation to minimize disruption as much as possible for motorists.
- Construction will take place during off peak hours and over the weekend to minimize the impact.
2. Highway 63 new West Service Road Construction
- To help improve safety at a key intersection north of Fort McMurray, the left turning lane off Highway 63 onto AOSTRA Road will be replaced by the new West Service Road.
- The new road will connect to the Voyageur overpass near the Oil Sands base site. Motorists will access AOSTRA Road from the Voyageur overpass.
- Construction activities began in May 2013 and the road is expected to open to industrial traffic in late summer 2013.
- A map is attached with more information.
Construction activity will commence with minimal disturbance to the traveling public. Please adhere to all flag persons, speed limits and construction signage throughout the construction. Suncor continues to work with a variety of stakeholders to provide regular information on the project and to address concerns. Our goal is to maintain those lines of communication.
Senior communications advisor, ConocoPhillips Canada
Communications Chair, Coalition for a Safer 63 and 881