LaLoche Winter Trail weight limit increases
Jan 17, 2012 at 5:01 am in News by TheNewsGirl
The load limit for the La Loche Winter Trail has been raised.
The maximum load limit is now 25,000 kilograms for the Winter Trail.
Users of the La Loche Winter Trail are reminded:
• Drive with caution and be prepared for emergency situations.
• There are no regular services such as road patrol or cell phone coverage.
• Motorists may encounter logging trucks.
• Maintenance will be ongoing and motorists are advised to watch for heavy equipment.
• Rough and bumpy conditions remain in sections of the trail from Christina River to the Saskatchewan border.
• Exercise caution while passing flooding crews on the Christina River Ice Bridge.
• One vehicle is allowed on the Christina River Ice Bridge at one time.
• Obey the five kilometres per hour speed limit on ice bridges and ramps.
For more information on the status of the La Loche Winter Trail, please call the winter road hotline at 1-866-743-6111 or 1-866-743-7859 during business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.