Local businesses with storefronts looking to give their windows a seasonal makeover can apply for the winter edition of the Business Beautification Program.
The Business Beautification Program is a Wood Buffalo Communities in Bloom initiative, promoting involvement by citizens, the municipal government, local organizations and businesses.
Businesses that would like to share some holiday cheer can apply to have a resident transform their storefront until Nov. 8.
Local residents can apply for the chance to be chosen to transform local businesses. Selected painters will be provided with paint and equipment, plus a fee for each painting completed.
“As a northern Canadian region, winter is a big part of our identity,” said Joanne Fisher, Wood Buffalo Communities in Bloom committee member. “Decorating store windows is a fun and easy way to beautify our community and share some of that holiday cheer with others.”
An attractive storefront not only promotes a positive image, but also appeals to prospective and current customers.
Beautifying your business can be quick and easy. Here are many simple ways to participate in the Business Beautification Program:
- Sweep storefronts, walkways and surrounding areas.
- Clean windows, and hang a welcome sign.
- Clean or update outdoor signage.
- Re-paint fencing, bollards and parking lot lines.
- Pressure wash sidings, outside furnishings and walkways.
- Pick up litter, and other debris around your property.
- Landscape and/or hardscape your property.
- Provide proper bins for trash, recycling and cigarette butts.
- Plant low maintenance shrubs, greenery and flowers beds.
- Remove graffiti. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up a free Graffiti Removal Kit.