The Wood Buffalo Region now has a driving force to encourage investment in our community.
Council appointed seven local and three provincial members to the inaugural Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation Board at their meeting on Tuesday.
Gregg Saretsky, former President and Chief Executive Officer at Westjet was named Chair of the Board.
“I am delighted to be joining the inaugural board of the Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation as its Chair and look forward to the exciting opportunities we have ahead of us to promote the region and develop new business interests.”
The local members include:
- Doug Allen – CEO Guthrie Group of Companies
- Andrew Boutilier – Vice President Fort McMurray Region Ceda International
- Doreen Cole – Managing Director, Syncrude Canada
- Dan Fouts – Business Owner, Stony Valley Contracting Ltd.
- Kristi Hines – Founder & Director – Hines Health Services Inc.
- Ron Quintal – President of the Fort McKay Metis / Fort McKay Metis Group
- RJ Steenstra – President & CEO Fort McMurray Airport Authority
Members from other parts of Alberta:
- Vice President Provincial & Municipal Government Rogers Communications
- Retired Member of Parliament for Edmonton-Leduc after serving 15 years. While MP, James served as Chair of Parliament’s Standing Committee on Finance and Chaired the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology.
- Executive in Residence, Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- Retired Major-General, Canadian Forces having completed operational tours in Bosnia and Afghanistan. Tim eventually led the Canadian Forces during the Afghanistan war.
- Former Deputy Minister Transportation Province of Alberta
- Former Deputy Solicitor General Province of Alberta