Wood Buffalo RCMP have taken two Fort McMurray men into custody for a firearm discharge incident that occurred on Oct. 26, 2018 that they believe was not a random incident.
The incident happened early that morning around 1:30 a.m. in Thickwood, between Ross Haven Drive and Highway 63 when allegedly one of the accused males leaned out of a moving vehicle and shot at another vehicle with two people inside it.
No injuries were reporter and there no further risk to the public .
Zachary Joseph Badger, 20, was arrested and is facing the following charges:
- Two counts of discharging a firearm with intent,
- Two counts of pointing a firearm,
- Two courts of careless use of a firearm,
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicles
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
He will appear in court on Nov. 5, 2018.
Dayton Davis, 20, is facing the same charges along with failure to comply with conditions of undertaking. He will appear will court on Nov. 6, 2018.