Alberta Law Enforcement Response Teams (ALERT) along with Wood Buffalo RCMP have arrested 10 of 15 suspected drug dealers, all but three from Fort McMurray.
Investigations, which included searching four Fort McMurray homes, took place between December 2018 and Feb. 21, 2019.
Inspector Sean Boser, officer in charge of ALERT’s regional teams said in a release that “These investigations have added up to make a big impact on organized crime in Fort McMurray,”
During the investigation, over $29,000 worth of drugs and cash were seized and a total of 37 criminal charges were laid. The majority of which are related to drug trafficking.
Along with more than $21,000 worth of cash, police also seized:
- 77.3 grams of cocaine
- 3 oxycodone pills
- 68 grams of buffing agent
- a small amount of fentanyl
- prohibited weapons
- a cocaine press
The following people have been arrested and charged:
- Christopher Abdou, a 29-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Mackenzie Flemming, a 21-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Ibrahim Dia, a 29-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Christopher Dombrosky, a 44-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Patrick O’Brien, a 30-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Scott Jones, a 48-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Daniel DeGroot, a 39-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Brock Loveday, a 43-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Kelsy Balsor, an 18-year-old woman from Fort McMurray
- Sebastian Bush-Jadavji, a 19-year-old man from Edmonton
Arrest warrants have been issued, or are in the process for the following five people:
- Jonathan Searle, a 30-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Levi Matheson, a 32-year-old man from Edmonton
- Colin Keating, a 39-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Fabian Johnson, a 19-year-old man from Edmonton
- a 22-year-old man from Fort McMurray
If you have information on the whereabouts of any of the above individuals, you’re asked to contact police. You can also anonymously contact Crime Stoppers.