More residents from rural communities can share their thoughts on livening up downtown.
The updated schedule for public drop-in sessions also includes more dates and locations in September.
- Wednesday, Aug. 14 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Fort McMurray Urban Market, Jubilee Plaza
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Janvier Open House, Janvier Municipal Office
- Wednesday, Aug. 28 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Fort McMurray Urban Market, Jubilee Plaza, and from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Draper Open House, Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 165
- Thursday, Aug. 29 from 6 p.m – 8 p.m. at Conklin Open House, Conklin Multiplex
- Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Fort Chipewyan Open House, Mamawi Hall
- Thursday, Sept. 5 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Saprae Creek Estates Open House, Vista Ridge All-Seasons Park
- Wednesday, Sept. 11 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Fort McKay Open House, TBD
- Thursday, Sept. 12 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Anzac & Gregoire Lake Estates Open House, Anzac Recreation Centre
The Municipality reports a strong response from residents to the public engagement sessions.
Residents, stakeholders, community groups, and municipal volunteers participated in 11 drop-in sessions and 100 face-to-face meetings.
The main consensus so far is for development along the waterfront.
Furthermore, the online response is just as strong as the RMWB collected over 1,000 completed surveys.
Request one-on-one meetings by contacting Pulse at (780) 743-7000.