The annual Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce Business Awards had a new spin on things this year.
The 2019 Business Awards Gala presented by ATB Financial, Stringham, and MNP took place at the Keyano Theatre and Arts Centre.
President Bryce Kumka called the gala a wonderful evening.
“On behalf of the Chamber, I’d like to congratulate all of winners and nominees for their hard work and for creating a positive impact on our region every day.”
New for 2019, the award show format gave a special mention to each business nominated for an award.
Also, the People’s Choice Award was another interesting selection, said Executive Director, Sheri Pidhirney.
“We would like to thank everyone who nominated local businesses and voted for the People’s Choice Award, as well as our Judging Committee volunteers, I’d also like to thank all of our event sponsors for their generosity. The Awards Gala would not have been possible without each and every one of you.”
- Fort McMurray International Airport’s Business of the Year Award – Over 20 Employees
- Bill’s General Cleaning
- Syncrude Canada Ltd.’s Business of the Year Award – Under 20 Employees
- Brignall Equipment
- Suncor Energy’s Environment & Sustainability Award
- Get Energy
- Bouchier Contracting Ltd.’s Female Leadership Award
- Doreen Cole, Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- CNRL’s Indigenous Business Award
- Saskana Staffing
- Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation’s Startup Business Award
- Mindful Elevation
- CNOOC / Nexen’s Youth Entrepreneur Award
- F & A Aquarium
- Canadian Tire’s People’s Choice Award
- YMM Dance Company
The full list of winners, award description and criteria, and sponsors is available on the Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce website.