The province continues to make changes to public health measures to help limit the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Organizers have been asked to cancel any events that have more than 15 attendees.
This includes large sporting events, conferences and community events.
Here in Wood Buffalo the following have been cancelled or postponed:
- Local HERO Foundation Gala and Fundraiser – May 2 – postponed
- Gord Bamford’s #REDNEK Music Fest Tour – May 9 – rescheduled for Aug. 29
- Keyano Theatre public shows
- All Keyano Huskies sporting events
- Canadian Kangaroo Math event
- The LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) Multicultural Celebration
- Winter Maintenance engagement sessions – online survey still available
- Downtown Revitalization Incentive Pilot Project (DRIPP) design charettes – all sessions are postponed
- Bricks4Kidz in-school classes
- YMM Pride is postponing annual celebrations which were to be held in June.
The following places are closed:
- All Municipal parks, including dog parks
- All Municipal playgrounds, including outdoor sports fields and rinks, community gardens, gazebos, picnic areas, running tracks, skate parks
- Lions Park Skating Trail
- Regional Recreation Corporation facilities, including MacDonald Island Park, Conklin Multiplex, Anzac Recreation Centre presented by CNOOC
- Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre, excluding tenants
- Vista Ridge
- Saprae Creek Outdoor Rink
- Casman Centre (Thickwood Heights Daycare will remain open)
- Frank Lacroix Arena
- Doug Barnes Cabin
- Fort Chipewyan facilities, including Sonny Flett Aquatic Centre, Archie Simpson Arena, Syncrude Youth Centre, and Mamawi Hall
- CMHA Recovery College Wood Buffalo in-person support (services still available via phone and email)
- CMHA Welcome Centre
- Generation Dance Studio
- Oxygen Yoga & Fitness
- Athabasca Tribal Council (team members to work remotely to provide essential services)
- Landmark Cinemas
- Wood Buffalo Regional Library (with requests)
- Northern Spectrum Tattoo Studio
- Stacs Fine Foods (effective April 4, 2020)
Wood Buffalo Regional Library requests residents hold onto library materials as book drops are unavailable
The WBRL is closed until further notice, but they will late fees.
Items on hold shall remain on hold one week after reopening.
If you have an event that has been cancelled or postponed please contact us by phone at 780-743-2249 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of local businesses that are either still open under the new guidelines or offering delivery is available here.