The Municipality cautiously returns to some normalcy amid the COVID-19 Pandemic.
It will reopen the Public Drop Off area at the Fort McMurray Regional Landfill as of March 31, 2020.
There will be several restrictions tied to its re-opening.
The RMWB said residents can only pay for regular fees and charges with credit or debit cards.
The Regional Landfill opens daily from 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Residents may also use two curbside bins for weekly waste collections.
The landfill will accept the following waste for disposal:
- brush, trees and yard waste.
- construction, Demolition and Renovations materials
- household waste
- mattresses and box springs
- scrap metal
- soils (according to guidelines)
The landfill will not accept at this time the following items for recycling as they require double handling by staff:
- cardboard or paper products
- electronics (TV’s, computers, monitors, etc.)
- fridge, freezer or other CFC appliances
- hazardous waste
- household plastics (such as containers and tubs) and
- tin or aluminium cans.
- waste oil
The state of local emergency remains in effect for Wood Buffalo.
Updates on services in the Municipality are available on the RMWB website.