The Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation (WBEDC) has established a Post-Emergency Business Recovery Task Force.
The task force will research and recommend programs and supports to be implemented immediately following the lifting of the last local or provincial health order.
President & CEO of the WBEDC Kevin Weidlich said that now is the time to start planning for business recovery.
“The only successful way through any crisis is with strong collaboration and mutual support; we all need to work together in order to safeguard our region’s economy post-pandemic.”
He added that the task force committees are crucial in the planning for business recovery to be ready to act when restrictions are lifted.
The task force is comprised of a main committee that will lead sub-committees for the most impacted sectors in our region.
The main committee Task Force committee members are as follows:
- Alethea Austin, Achieve Wellness
- Chris Seggewiss, Royal Bank of Canada
- Colin Hartigan, Coldwell Banker Fort McMurray
- Jane Stroud, RMWB Council
- Karim, Zariffa, Oil Sands Community Alliance
- Keith Plowman, Fort McMurray Construction Association
- Kevin Weidlich, WBEDC (Chair)
- Kim Rizzi, Suncor
- Kristi Hines, Hines Health Services
- Michelle Toner, Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association
- Mike Lambert, East Village Pub
- Nick Saunders, Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Jones, Fort McMurray Hotels Association
- RJ Streenstra, Fort McMurray Airport Authority
- Verna Murphy, RMWB Council
The first task force meeting will be held on April 8.