The Fort McMurray Regional Landfill returns to regular operating hours.
The site will open seven days a week from 8:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., as well as the Public Drop Off Scale from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Following the 2020 River Break Up Flood, the RMWB extended the landfill’s hours of operation to assist residents and business owners with the cleanup.
The RMWB waived fees for commercial waste disposal at the landfill until June 30, 2020, and non-commercial waste disposal until August 31, 2020.
Beginning June 1, the landfill will accept some items previously restricted due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Residents may drop off the following items:
- CFC appliances (fridges, freezers, a/c units, water coolers, etc.)
- Electronics, automotive oil, paint and household hazardous waste
- Aluminium cans
Place aluminium cans in metal bins at the Public Drop Off Area.
The landfill also accepts the following as per proper handling guidelines:
- Brush, trees and yard waste materials
- Construction, demolition and renovation materials
- Household waste
- Mattresses and box springs
- Scrap metal
- Soils (according to accepted guidelines)
Municipal officials remind residents to bin recycling material like paper cardboard and plastics with their disposable residential waste.
Consult the Municipality’s website for more information about the landfill.