Fort Chipewyan’s Archie Simpson Arena and Fitness Centre will re-open June 26 at 4:00 p.m.
To help ensure the health and safety of guests and staff, the Municipality issued the following recommendations:
- Sign-in at the front desk upon arrival
- Come dressed for your activity as change room access is temporarily unavailable
- Clean equipment using sanitizing supplies provided after use
- Maintain 2 metres of distance from other guests at all times
- Follow all posted signage and one-way traffic flow
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or have travelled outside the country in the past 14 days
- Cover your cough and wash your hands frequently
- Use your best judgement & ask for assistance
All guests not following proper rules or public health guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.
To align with Alberta Health Services’ instructions, the Fitness Centre underwent a few noticeable changes.
The maximum capacity for spaces is eight people.
Change rooms and certain equipment are unavailable, and staff increased cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces and equipment.
Sanitization stations such as hand dispensers are available.
For high-intensity physical activity, the Municipality recommended not wearing masks.