FORT MCMURRAY (660 NEWS) – Active cases of COVID-19 are back in the quadruple digits in Alberta.
After a total of 387 new infections were identified over the past three days (151 on Friday, 142 on Saturday, and 94 on Sunday), active cases have increased to 1,083.
The good news is no new deaths have been reported, so the total to date remains at 2,322.
Hospitalizations also remain stable at 83, including 21 patients in intensive care.
As for vaccination numbers, 75.4 per cent of eligible Albertans have at least one dose while 63.4 per cent are fully immunized.
Despite the recent spike in active cases across the province, they are staying low in Wood Buffalo.
According to the latest stats, there are just four active cases in Fort McMurray and none in the surrounding region.
The following facilities in the North Zone remain on outbreak status as of July 23:
- Cenovus Sunrise Lodge, Fort Mckay
- CNRL Albian, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- CNRL Horizon, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- MEG Energy, Conklin
- Suncor base plant, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Suncor Fort Hills, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo