Two people have been arrested in connection with the theft of multiple vehicles from a local car dealership in mid-November.
Wood Buffalo RCMP said the men face at least 10 charges, including theft and firearms-related offences.
Police initially reported 13 vehicles were stolen from NorthStar Ford Fort McMurray in the early hours of Nov. 17, 2022.
As of publication, five vehicles have been recovered from across western Canada.
Investigators also said one vehicle, which they initially thought stolen, was actually not so.
RCMP arrested a 41-year-old man from Wheatland County near Gleichen, which is east of Calgary, Alta., and charged him with possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.
Meanwhile, police in West Kelowna, B.C., arrested a 38-year-old from Grande Prairie, Alta.
He has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Breach of Release Order
- A number of firearms offences including:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Possession of a weapon knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Tampering with a serial number
The 38-year-old remains in custody in B.C.
Wood Buffalo RCMP continue to investigate, and ask anyone with information to contact them immediately.